The last week of April was a busy week for Belgian healthcare with quite some events going on. Here’s are summary of key takeways from the Belgian Digital Health community:
- UZ Leuven reports its one of the first hospitals in Europe to perform whole genome sequencing for patients with rare diseases and the first in Belgium. Read more about it here in Dutch.
- IBD Kliniek Bonheiden wins the innovation of the year project at the European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy conference with their Red Density project: automated digital calculation of endoscopic and histological inflammation. Congratulations!
- De Tijd reports about how Belgian hospitals are embracing technological innovation. Read the article in Dutch here.
- Numerikare reports about a new app launched by the Universiteit Antwerpen, Oscare, Andaman7 and Awell. The app will be used for scar assessment for improving the clinical pathway, better measurements and reduced costs. This was the result of the #BeHealth hackathon organised at the end of 2017 by LifeTech.Brussels. Read the article in French here and in Dutch here.
- Digital Health startup Epihunter wins the Jury award for innovation at the Health & Care awards. Congratulations to the team!
- At Hack Belgium, one of the 5 best projects was Jentl: a digital avator to put children at ease during treatment guiding them to the whole hospital experience. We look forward to how this evolves!
Did we miss something? Let us know!
On Tuesday May 1st #BeHealth and #benurse are joining forces for a tweetchat about digitization in healthcare.
Make sure to join!
Het is bijna zo ver! Op 1 mei vieren we ons één jarig bestaan van #BENURSE met een #tweetchat omtrent #eHealth in samenwerking met @DigitalHealthBE. Ben jij er bij? Deel deze video alvast met jouw netwerk! #BeHealth pic.twitter.com/rVZR362rgj
— BEnurse (@Benurse_BE) April 23, 2018
avec #behealth#tweetchat #ehealth #mhealth
Faites-nous savoir et rejoignez-nous!
Mardi 1er mai, 20h30 au @Benurse_BE utiliser le hashtag #benurse pour participer pic.twitter.com/NFrtPDJExQ
— BEnurse (@Benurse_BE) April 28, 2018
Comments are closed.