May was quite a month for Belgian Digital Health. We listed all the noteworthy events that happened in May:
- The Belgian nursing Twitter platform #BENURSE celebrated its first anniversary with a TweetChat about #eHealth and was on the 6th spot of trending healthcare tweetchats worldwide.
- The cross-industry reflection paper from the American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium Innovative Healthcare Committee was made available: Real World Data – the Key to Securing an Innovative Belgian Healthcare Landscape
- Kind en Gezin is the first European organisation to use the Go Check Kids app at large scale to detect amblyopia risk factors in patients too young for a visual acuity test. Read more about it here in Dutch.
- The Belgian government launched the Patient Health Viewer on Tuesday: one government portal for all your healthcare data. Read here the official press release of Minister De Block in Dutch or French. The Health Viewer can be accessed at https://www.mijngezondheid.belgie.be/ and https://masante.belgique.be/fr.
- Belgian Wearable startup Byteflies was present at the yearly Google I/O event, one of the key technology events of the year, as one of the first companies to develop for the newly released Android Things. You can read more about this here (NL) or watch Byteflies CEO Hans Danneels explain about their experience there (NL)
- Artsenkrant published an interview (NL) with D’Hollander and Sven De Cleyn from the imec.istart accelerator program and how they are helping healthcare startups to make a big leap forward.
- The 5th Conference, an industry Digital Health conference held June 14th in Antwerp announces it will have patients included and offers free tickets for patients to join the conference as well as putting patients on the stage.
- Belgian Healthcare Futurist Prof. Koen Kas launches his new book “Your Guide to Delight” On Creating Health, Dealing With Change, and Digital Twins.
- Numerikare highlights the HealthTech.Belgium initiative through one of its driving forces Bart Collet. Read all about it here (NL) and here (FR).
- Belgian Digital Health Startup Pridiktiv raises + €1.5 Mio (+ 1.8 Mio USD) in funding for their solution into.care to disrupt the administrative burden in residential elderly care. See their press release here.
- StellaScreen wins the MedTech Accelerator Prize of the first national MedTech Accelerator edition. Read more about it in The Specialist here (NL) and here (FR).
- HealthTech.Belgium held a Belgian Healthtech Evening at the renowned HIMSS conference end of May, one of the most renowned international Digital Health conferences of the year. A few Belgian Digital Health startups attended the event including Nephroflow, Oncomfort, Awell and Fibricheck.
And in some cases Tweets about Belgian Digital Health with pictures say more than a thousand words:
— Bart Collet (@bart) May 28, 2018
Is this the first #VR assisted mask induction of anaesthesia ever? Very relaxed child, no stress or struggle. Amazing. @BrennanSpiegel @bjbirckhead @AppliedVRhealth @oncomfort @DigitalHealthBE @thevrara @numerikare @ShafiAhmed5 @keithgrimes @virtualmedconf @health20Paris @B_Hf_T pic.twitter.com/UOjHSdK8AR
— Arnaud Bosteels (@ArnaudBosteels) May 31, 2018
Did we miss something? Let us know!