Hello Digital Health enthusiast!
We hope you had a great start of the year. We’re glad to keep you up to date with the latest Belgian Digital Health events with our monthly roundup.
Let’s take a look at what happened in the Belgian Digital Health space in December.
Here’s the news that stood out:
- The GZA Hospital Group reported about the development and usage of an app with a checklist for safe surgery. Read more about it here (NL). GZA as well reported (NL) on their patient portal MyGZA allowing patients to manage their appointments;
- Last month we reported that patients can from now on consult their prescriptions at Masanté, Mijngezondheid. Begin of December, Minister De Block informed us that in the first 2 weeks already 6.620 patients did consult their prescriptions online.
- Numerikare reports (FR) that Belgian startup Nyxoah raises 15 Million in new financing for the development and commercialization of a best-in-class hypoglossal nerve stimulation therapy for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Read the press release from mid November here (EN).
- Numerikare as well reported on Isa: an intelligent sensing system to reduce falls from Belgian startup MintT. Read the article in Dutch or French. Another Digital Health startup was put in the spotlight by Numerikare: Bingli, the smart medical interview. Read their report in Dutch or French and read how Bingli will be used in the AZ Alma hospital here (NL).
- In The Beacon in Antwerp, the first command center for medical drone flights opened as part of the Helicus Aero Initiative. Read about the opening and Helicus here (EN).
- At the In4Care Inspire Healthcare conference there was plenty of attention for Digital Health. Next to numerous booths and pilot tables thewinners of the Zorgvinding awards were announced. See the winning projects here. There was as well the #BeHealth Influencer meeting discussing the potential of social media in healthcare. You can read about the influencer meeting here (NL) and in this Artsenkrant article (NL).
- There seems to be no month passing by without Digital Health startup Fibricheck winning a price. In December they won the award of Limburgse Startup of The Year. We do hope they can still fit it in their trophy room!
- IHE Belgium/Agoria Academy has successfully launched the first eHealth interoperability courses in Belgium in December 2018. Find out more about IHE Belgium here.
- There is increased activity in the Réseau santé wallon where both GPs and patients are becoming more active as reported by Numerikare (FR).
- Startup Epihunter got selected for the renowned MassChallenge in Boston. Epihunter builds digital solutions to track, manage, and decrease daily life impact of epilepsy and provide data to user, doctor, and others.
- Sentiance, a Belgian motion intelligence company, acquired Brand New Health as reported here.
- In Brussels, the Abrumet network now allows patients to access their summarized health records online as reported by Numerikare (FR). Dutch version can be found here.
- Wondering where to be inspired about Digital Health in 2019? We listed some key events here.
Did we miss something? Let us know!